NASHVILLE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (BNA) – SERVER ADMINISTRATOR
Position Title: Server Administrator
FLSA Status and Hours: This is a full time, Salaried, non-exempt position with great hours supporting work life balance: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm. (There will be an expectation that the successful candidate will undertake an element of overtime which is also detailed in our offer of employment). Salary and benefits information will be provided should you be selected for interview.
Ever wanted to know more about working at an airport? Here is your chance to find out as ServiceTec, the leading independent provider of managed IT services to the aviation industry has an opportunity for a Server Administrator to join our team at Nashville International Airport. If you are looking for an exciting challenge whereby no two days are the same, then this position may be for you. Further information on this role is detailed below:
ServiceTec is looking for an experienced, highly skilled, customer service minded and professional Server Administrator.
About Us: ServiceTec is the world’s leading independent provider of managed IT services for airports and airlines. We have offered world-class support for IT systems at airports since 1989. With multiple bases in North America and Europe, we have an unsurpassed reputation for the maintenance and support of business critical systems across the entire airport infrastructure.
Our genuinely outstanding level of service has been demonstrated by the systematic extension, re-award and expansion of multiple existing contracts with clients across North America and Europe. This unrivalled approach has enabled ServiceTec to achieve and maintain its objective of developing strong, sustained and beneficial partnerships with airports and airlines throughout the world.
ServiceTec is a people oriented company. We value our employees, believing they should be treated fairly, with courtesy and respect.
We believe people work better when they feel supported and know that there is a team behind them. We nurture talent and our philosophy is to promote from within.
We consistently recognize those employees who go "above and beyond.”
- Excellent healthcare benefits: Medical and Dental
- 401K including an employer match
- Paid time-off and sickness leave
- Paid Military Leave
Position Overview: Experienced, highly skilled, customer service minded professional Server Administrator. This position will support 200+ users in a Microsoft Windows business enterprise environment supporting a mission-critical network including servers, routers, switches and firewalls.
Essential Job Functions/Duties:
- Responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating systems, workstation and servers, including web servers, in support of business processing requirements.
- Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and software packages.
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensure workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
- Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library or all supporting documentation.
- Supports and enhances Microsoft Window server environment.
- Works with system users, application developers, and information systems analysts to determine redundancies/availability requirements.
- Improves system stability, increases performance, identifies and resolves issues, and responds to incidents and related service requests.
- Supports and maintains email users currently on a hosted Office 365 environment.
- Support and maintain Active Directory infrastructure, Group Policy updates, Software updates, FSMO roles, DNS, DHCP, Sites and services etc.
- Skills in Scripting in PowerShell and creating SQL queries.
- Performs daily administration tasks (e.g. add, change, delete, file system and disk space management, back-ups and file restores).
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining server and workstation operating systems
- Manage group policies, implement security, and modify registry settings.
- Build VMware virtual machines /administer VMware Infrastructure solutions.
Requirements: Soft Skills:
Proven and strong interpersonal, customer service and communication skills.
- Team player and collaborative.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks on time.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
Requirements: Technical, Educational, Experience and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field OR 10 years of related systems administration experience.
At least two years of experience with VMware ESXi, VSphere v6.5.
- Experience managing 100 plus servers.
- Minimum of four year’s experience administering Windows based systems including: Windows 7, Windows 10, Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2012, and Server 2016.
- Minimum of two years of experience testing and deploying workstation and server patches using SCCM.
- Develops packages to install operating system and software applications using SCCM
- Manages security monitoring and other tools to ensure the integrity and availability of our applications, server resources, reviewing system and application logs.
- A+, Network+, CCNA, MCSE and/or MCSA Certifications preferred.
- Knowledge and prior support of Apple products including iPhone, iPad and MAC preferred.
Additional IT certifications that distinguish skill set on security, Cisco, VMware.
- Cisco USC Management and Hyperflex servers are a plus.
- Independent mobility throughout work locations, and ability to move unaided from one working level to another, ability to access, unaided, all installed equipment locations, including working at height, when required.
- Ability to negotiate security checkpoints and screening x/ray access points without assistance.
- Visual acuity - ability to interpret and operate customer-owned computer screens and read/write relevant documentation, without the need for special accommodation (large print, Braille, voice assisted computer system, or dictation equipment).
- Ability to carry tools, test equipment and replacement equipment (up to 35 lbs.), independently and unaided.
- Ability to drive standard vehicles without any requirement for modified controls.
For more information on ServiceTec, please visit: www.servictec.com
ServiceTec International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will comply with all applicable local, state and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity with regard to all employees whether full time, part time, casual, temporary and seasonal or contract.
ServiceTec will not discriminate on grounds of sex, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, disability or on other grounds not prohibited by legislation. This policy applies to the process of recruitment and selection (both internal and external), promotion, training, conditions of work, pay and benefits and to every other aspect of employment, including general treatment at work and the processes involved in the termination of employment.
We are thankful to receive any applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be on file with ServiceTec indefinitely. Should you wish to have your personal data removed, please follow the instructions in the application acknowledgement email that you will receive after applying.