Title: Service Desk Lead
Location: Minneapolis St. Paul International Airport (MSP), MN
Ever wanted to know more about working at an airport? Here is your chance to find out as ServiceTec, the leading independent provider of managed IT services to the aviation industry has an exciting recruitment opportunity for a Service Desk Lead at Minneapolis Saint Paul International Airport. If you are looking for an exciting challenge whereby no two days are the same, then this position may be for you. Further information on this role is detailed below:
FLSA Status and Hours: This is a full time, salaried, non-exempt position with great hours: M-F 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM shift. Salary and benefits information will be provided should you be selected for an Interview.
About Us: ServiceTec is the world’s leading independent provider of managed IT services for airports and airlines. We have offered world-class support for IT systems at airports since 1989. With multiple bases in North America and Europe, we have an unsurpassed reputation for the maintenance and support of business critical systems across the entire airport infrastructure.
Our genuinely outstanding level of service has been demonstrated by the systematic extension, re-award and expansion of multiple existing contracts with clients across North America and Europe. This unrivaled approach has enabled ServiceTec to achieve and maintain its objective of developing strong, sustained and beneficial partnerships with airports and airlines throughout the world.
ServiceTec is a people oriented company. We value our employees, believing they should be treated fairly, with courtesy and respect.
We believe people work better when they feel supported and know that there is a team behind them. We nurture talent and our philosophy is to promote from within.
We consistently recognize those employees who go "above and beyond.”
- Excellent healthcare benefits: Medical and Dental
- 401K including an employer match
- Paid time-off and sickness leave
- Paid Military Leave
Position Overview: Service Desk Lead assists Management as needed with the continued development and daily operations of Frontline Services. Helps with the creation of KPIs and reporting of metrics. Assists with completion of projects. Serves as a point of escalation for the resolution of application, hardware and software issues. Coaching, mentoring and development of Service Desk Analysts. Works with stakeholders, communicating in a manner that fosters relationships and expedites resolution.
- Serve as an information source and point of technical guidance for the Service Desk Analysts.
- Act as a functional escalation point for difficult or controversial calls.
- Participate with staff orientation, recurrent training, and awareness sessions where needed.
- Assist with monitoring and evaluating of Service Desk Analysts and the services to improve efficiency, service level performance, and customer satisfaction.
- Help compile and maintain lists of on-call, key schedules and personnel and when needed, assist management with amendments.
- Ensure staffing and skill levels are maintained throughout operational hours by assisting with shift staffing schedules, monitoring attendance, scheduling breaks, etc.
- Communicate solutions, successes, and opportunities to on-site management.
- Practice and ensure compliance with all organizational policies and procedures.
- Provide individualized customer service of a high-standard to a professional level.
- Assist in providing additional support when workloads are high or where additional experience is required.
- Implement methodologies to improve problem resolution, manage customer perceptions and build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Perform activities to develop the Management System and quality of service.
- Help with design of Service Desk scripts, map actions in alignment with RACI Matrix, and participate in CSI meetings. Assist with development and support of required technologies.
- Contribute to performance compliance with all SLAs, OLAs, and any underpinning agreements. Report any potential for compliance failure for management intervention as required.
- Assist with the production of statistics, analytics, and reports as needed by management.
- Aid as needed with Change Management under best practices.
- Oversee update configuration and effective use of the CMDB.
- Consistently aware of ongoing and future projects that will be delivered by the Frontline Services.
- Represent the Service Desk in CAB’s where the function has a stake-hold.
- Provide shift coverage in the event of absence through sickness or vacation.
- Provision technical writing and oversight of knowledge base articles for Utility and Warranty.
- Ability to inspire, mentor, and support team members.
- Possess skills needed to establish/maintain good working relationships and communications with team members, executives, decision makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding IT issues.
- Organized and methodical with the ability to plan and prioritize time sensitive tasks.
- Maintain calmness under pressure. Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present technical jargon in a user-friendly language to non-technical stakeholders.
- Exceptional communication, customer service, and decision making skills.
- Ability to work on shift patterns which cover 365 days per year and possess access to reliable means of commuting to and from place of work.
- Experience and actively participate in a collaborative team environment.
- Proven track record of successful customer service delivery within the IT sector.
- Act as main POC and escalation in the absence of Management and Supervisor.
Education, Experience, and Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information technology, or related field and 3 years equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of A+ and 3 years equivalent work experience.
- ITIL training/certification.
Function holder’s minimum physical attributes should include:
- Independent mobility throughout work locations, and ability to move unaided from one working level to another, ability to access, unaided, all installed equipment locations, including working at height, when required.
- Ability to negotiate security checkpoints and screening x/ray access points without assistance.
- Visual acuity - ability to interpret and operate customer-owned computer screens and read/write relevant documentation, without the need for special accommodation.
- Ability to carry tools, test equipment and replace equipment (up to 50 lbs), independently and unaided.
- Ability to drive standard vehicles without any requirement for modified controls.
- Maintain up to date knowledge within your technical field. Provide innovative solutions for problems to increase your value to the client.
Care of Equipment & Safety
- Must ensure Company equipment is used in alignment with Company policy and is in working condition. Report any missing damaged/faulty items to the Business Services Manager.
For Immediate consideration, please send in your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations which be treated in confidence.
ServiceTec International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will comply with all applicable local, state, and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity with regards to all employees whether full time, part time, casual, temporary, and seasonal or contract.
The company will not discriminate on grounds of sex, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, disability or on other grounds not prohibited by legislation.
We are thankful to receive any applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your application will be held on file indefinitely, if you wish to have your personal data removed, please follow the instructions in the application acknowledgement email you will receive.