Title: Manager - Business Development North America
Location: Home-Office Based (Preferably Based in the West Region of North America)
Report Line: Executive Vice President - Americas
Direct Reports: None
Business Travel: 30%
Ever wanted to know more about working at an airport? Here is your chance to find out as ServiceTec, the leading independent provider of managed IT services to the aviation industry has an exciting recruitment opportunity for the Manager-Business Development North America. If you are looking for an exciting challenge whereby no two days are the same, then this position may be for you. Further information on this role is detailed below:
FLSA Status and Hours: This is a full time, salaried, exempt position with great hours: Monday-Friday: 40 hours a week. Salary and benefits information will be provided should you be selected for an interview.
About Us: ServiceTec is the world’s leading independent provider of managed IT services for airports and airlines. We have offered world-class support for IT systems at airports since 1989. With multiple bases in North America and Europe, we have an unsurpassed reputation for the maintenance and support of business critical systems across the entire airport infrastructure.
Our genuinely outstanding level of service has been demonstrated by the systematic extension, re-award and expansion of multiple existing contracts with clients across North America and Europe. This unrivaled approach has enabled ServiceTec to achieve and maintain its objective of developing strong, sustained and beneficial partnerships with airports and airlines throughout the world.
ServiceTec is a people oriented company. We value our employees, believing they should be treated fairly, with courtesy and respect.
We believe people work better when they feel supported and know that there is a team behind them. We nurture talent and our philosophy is to promote from within.
We consistently recognize those employees who go "above and beyond.”
- Excellent healthcare benefits: Medical and Dental
- 401K including an employer match
- Paid time-off and sickness leave
- Paid Military Leave
Position Overview: A home-office based position working autonomously, as part of a sales team, you will be responsible for the selling of Managed IT Services to Airports and Airlines in a designated region of North America.
- Achieve or exceed agreed annual sales targets.
- Develop, maintain and update allocated Aviation target sites in the Americas.
- Assist with technology research, market research, competitor, and customer surveys. Assist with aviation sector analysis and development.
- Update ServiceTec’s CRM System with e.g. meeting notes, opportunities and industry news on a weekly basis. Ensure data on allocated accounts is regularly reviewed and updated for changes in personnel, contact information, important events, etc.
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries by telephone, email and personal visits, as appropriate and cost effective. This includes responding to complex RFPs where the role is responsible for coordinating the efforts of all the others involved and ensuring on time delivery of the final compliant bid response to the customer.
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing and new customers through planned individual/personal account support.
- Undertake appropriate administrative activities, including timely submission of Monthly Reports, Travel Authorization Requests, Expenses, etc.
- Attend conferences, exhibitions, and trade shows, as agreed.
- Assist with sales planning and development, as required.
- Assist with marketing, advertising, and promotion planning, as required.
- Assist with new product/services development planning and management, as required.
- Liaise and attend necessary Company meetings and functions with other Company employees to perform duties and aid business development.
- Adhere to established Company Policies and Procedures including health and safety adherence.
- At least 2 years of successful Managed IT Services and Solution selling or suitable aviation sector experience.
- Able to work under pressure to produce quality work in agreed timeframes. Exhibit good time management skills with the ability to prioritize assigned tasks.
- Promote a professional image of the Company by being well-dressed, punctual, and possessing excellent inter-personal skills.
- Be prepared to work abnormal hours from time to time, and to travel, when appropriate. Able to travel by air both domestically and internationally without restrictions or impediment. Travel is required for 30% of allocated job effort. Should also possess a clean current driver’s license.
- Must be mathematically competent and literate and display an organized and methodical approach to his/her work to understand budgets, selling margins and submit bids and proposal in an efficient manner.
- Must possess good computer skills and an excellent telephone manner.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Must posses or develop a thorough understanding of the technologies supported by the business and able to share that knowledge to progress the business.
- Must be capable of of making business travel arrangements and forward planning to ensure value for money.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of using CRM systems in addition to MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Familiarity with Google / Gmail would be a benefit.
Personal Attributes: Personality
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on producing high quality profitable business.
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
- Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with large company and airport senior executives.
- Must be reliable, tolerant, and determined.
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view.
- Well presented and businesslike.
- Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel up to several days a month within North America.
- Keen for new experiences, responsibilities, and accountabilities.
- Able to get along with others and be a team player.
Personal Attributes: Business and Selling Skills
- Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator, good at building business relationships.
- Ideal background would be in business support services; experience of the Aviation industry or Managed IT Services is an advantage.
- Able to capitalize on the development of new accounts and create strong commercial relationships.
Equipment & Safety Care:
- Must ensure that all Company equipment issued to him/her is used correctly and safely, is complete and is in working condition. Report any missing, damaged, or faulty items to your superior.
For Immediate consideration, please send in your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations which be treated in confidence.
ServiceTec International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will comply with all applicable local, state, and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity with regards to all employees whether full time, part time, casual, temporary, and seasonal or contract.
The company will not discriminate on grounds of sex, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, disability or on other grounds not prohibited by legislation.
We are thankful to receive any applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your application will be held on file indefinitely, if you wish to have your personal data removed, please follow the instructions in the application acknowledgement email you will receive.